Monday, August 31, 2015

Believe.


There are times... I know... when giving up is easy. When throwing in the towel seems like a much better (and easier) option that putting your head down and going through the crap in order to get to what you want. Obstacles can seem huge in comparison to our dreams.

Of financial freedom.
Of happiness.
Of mastering a class.
Of overcoming a fear.

But something inside of you is bigger than that obstacle. Bigger than the fear of failure. Bigger than anything that you can imagine. Sometimes, it's just that the voice saying "you can do it" is whispering when the voices of doubt are screaming.

On days when I feel like nothing is going to happen the way I'd like and all my dreams that worthless, I try to make a list (or refer back to the list I've already written) and remind myself of my journey. Why I want what I want so badly.

To be my own boss.
To feel comfortable in front of a crowd.
To breathe a little easier after all bills are paid.
To feel good in my own skin.

When obstacles come your way... and they always seem to come when we're feeling good about progress... remind yourself of your capacity to overcome. Remind yourself of what you've already done to overcome, and what you're doing daily to stay in the mindset of success.

Believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment