Friday, March 20, 2015

Give. Love. Trust. Listen.


There are times when we need reminders to do what we can for other people, but not to the extent of losing ourselves in the process. Admittedly, this has always been a challenge for me. Although I consider myself a selfish person when it comes to doing things for myself and on my own, I know that a bigger part of myself gives to others... and at times it can be difficult to find that balance.

If you find yourself to be a giving person as well, when was the last time you evaluated the balance between giving to others and giving to yourself? Oftentimes I don't take inventory until I'm exhausted... which kind of defeats the purpose of doing so. It's healthy to take inventory on a regular basis. To think about how much you give and if you're doing so for the right reason and within the limits of healthiness. To think about how much you are loving and whether your heart is being protected. To think about how much you trust and to be sure that you're not putting yourself out there too much. To think about how much you listen, but to still maintain your own opinions.

The last thing that any of us needs to to become burned out. Burn-out leads us to pulling back from everything in an effort of self-preservation... because we've given out too much and as a result, we're feeling depleted. If you see that happening for you, perhaps you could pull back a little bit. Say no to things that aren't fulfilling you in the way you need them to be. Evaluate your inner circle and determine who is worthy of staying. Set limits and boundaries for yourself regarding your time, talent, and abilities.

Give what you can.
Love with safety.
Trust who is worthy.
Listen, but stay true to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment