Friday, April 24, 2015

Exhausted. But blessed.



I beat myself up for having not blogged at all week. But the truth is, I'm exhausted.

Teaching is more intense than I ever could have imagined... in the best possible way. I had a student ask me a few weeks ago what time I go to bed at night because he noticed the time stamp on the lectures I post online. I laughed to myself at his question, but I know that I perhaps have bitten off more than I could chew.

The truth is, I feel in my element. I feel like I'm in an amazing groove. I'm happier than I've felt in a long time and I know it's because I made a choice to do what I want. To do what I love. Even at the cost of my rest. :)

If you're in a place right now where you're on the fence about making a decision, know that I understand that feeling. If you're leaning toward NOT doing it because you're doubting your ability, I encourage you to take a chance. Take a chance that you'll completely love it, despite sleep depravity. Despite saying no to things that you used to do (like all-night marathons of Netflix shows).

After all, you're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.

I promise to make more of an effort to spend some time here on my blog beginning next week. Writing helps to sort thoughts, share insights, and express the importance of lifting up others. I'll do some sleeping this week, and be ready to roll on Monday. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment