Thursday, May 21, 2015

Bother me later.


Last night, I didn't have a lecture to write.
Or papers to grade. In fairness, I spent all afternoon grading them.
Or a voice to practice. Church choir practice is out for the summer.
Or a load of laundry to fold. Well.... one that couldn't stand another day of wrinkles.

Last night, I sat on the edge of my pool with my legs dangling in the water.
Last night, I laid back on the warm concrete of the pool's edge and stared into the sky... noticing satellites orbit the Earth, gazed at the Big Dipper, and picked out what I think to be another planet (since it was brighter than most stars).

I'll have to be honest and tell you that I can't remember the last time I just *was*.
That I just enjoyed the company of what was around me.
Without internet (though, admittedly, I texted with a few people here and there).
Without entertainment from Netflix or Amazon Prime.
Even without music.

There was laughter.
And story-telling.
Reminiscing about how truly wonderful life is.

My goal this summer is to have a lot more of those nights.
Of enjoying the company I choose to be around.
Of laughing until my cheeks hurt.
Of feeling good about where I am. In this moment.

Stress... bother me later. I'm right in the middle of being fantastic.

No comments:

Post a Comment