Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Feel it.


There are so many times when feeling unsure can seem debilitating. It can feel as though you're drowning, not realizing that you're only in knee-deep water and that all you need to do is stand up. I think it's because we're not comfortable being uncomfortable. We are creatures of habit... keeping the same schedule, and oftentimes, the same feelings. Even if they're not healthy for us.

So often, we try to ignore uncomfortable feelings. We distract ourselves with other tasks, or engage in negative behaviors to avoid feeling true emotions. We don't realize it during the time, but we're setting ourselves up for further destruction. I know that personally, situations never seem to be as big of a deal as how I create it in my mind to be...

I've learned to take a deep breath and unfold the layers. To look at each piece and determine how I perceive the situation. Even if I'm comfortable, I tell myself not to freak out. I remind myself that I'm used to challenges, and I will overcome the next one.

No comments:

Post a Comment