Monday, January 4, 2016

"I've been busy."

It's been 115 days since I wrote a blog entry.
I've been asked several times from friends about why I stopped.
The answer (I've been busy) is easy to say, but the weight of that answer is heavy.

I switched therapy offices.
I didn't get paid for over three months.
I struggled with paying bills.
I wanted to go back to a good paying job, even if it meant feeling less fulfilled.
I was supported 100% by my husband.
I hated that feeling.
I fought with insurance companies.
I wanted to give up.
I didn't understand how something so wonderful could be so stressful.
I wanted to push the "easy button".
I also was teaching at the university, and felt incredibly overwhelmed.
I felt like a fish out of water.
I felt like they had surely made a mistake by hiring me.

Slowly, but surely, things are working out.
I'm getting into a new groove.
I'm feeling back to myself.
I'm establishing myself and building back up.
I'm feeling confident again.

Which means, I'm ready to start writing again. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment