Monday, April 14, 2014

Welcome!

Hey y'all, my name is Kelly and I am a therapist in South Georgia. I recently transitioned from working at a hospital for 8 years where I  facilitated group therapy with teenagers and adults (both in an out-patient and in-patient setting) to working for myself in private practice. I absolutely loved doing groups with my clients, and will miss that aspect of my previous job greatly!
When I considered my transition away from the hospital setting, I had a funky idea to start a blog as a way to stay connected to people and share my love of therapy. One of the things that I loved about group was sharing insights about life that ultimately apply to people from all walks of life. I welcome any comments that you would like to share on my posts, and will do my best to reply to them. I have so many thoughts and ideas for this blog, but I think I'll keep them to myself for now and we'll see how it develops! :)

 




Disclaimer: In no way is this blog meant to replace therapy, but is meant to only share thoughts about topics that are helpful and may prove useful for those interested in mental health and substance abuse recovery information.



1 comment:

  1. This is awesome! Best of luck with this new chapter in your career!

    ReplyDelete