Friday, January 16, 2015

The story.


Some days, it's easy to work on goals.
Other days, it's like my will to live is getting sucked away.
I know it's not true.
I know it's just a distraction.
I know it's my fear.
But it's so real.
The voice is so loud.

I'm thankful to have friends.
I'm thankful to have been smart enough to share my goals with others.
I'm thankful that they hold me accountable.
They can ask me how I'm doing.
How far I've gotten.
They ask if there's anything they can do to help me along the way.

I start to give excuses.
Of why I haven't worked on them.
My mind reminds me of the story.
The story I've made up in my head.
The story that things are hard.
The story that I don't have enough time.
But they're all an excuse.

In order to reach goals, I have to fight.
Some days, it's easy to work on goals.
Other days, it's like my will to live is getting sucked away.
But I refuse to sink.
I refuse to drown.
I refuse to allow myself to continue on this path.

I tell myself I'm better than the stories.
I remind myself of how good it feels to accomplish.
I tell myself to put one foot in front of the other.

I keep going.

No comments:

Post a Comment