Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Better than yesterday.



I tried to collect my thoughts yesterday about Veteran's Day... apparently I needed an extra day to consider everything.

Since beginning my career, I've had an incredible honor of working very closely with the military. Mostly, it's been serving clients who are in need of assist developing coping skills to deal with, and move through, challenges that present themselves as a result of their duty -- whether it be anxiety, family stress, depression, or issues related to trauma. I'll be honest and say that the military population is one of my favorites.

Mostly because they're incredibly resilient.

Despite their struggle.
Despite their frustrations.
Despite the desire to give up.

They keep going.

And I am humbled to have the opportunity to assist in that change process. It isn't always easy, and the road is much longer than trips to my office on a regular basis. But change, no matter how small, is change. Every day, striving to be better than you were the day before.

I wish we honored veterans more often. They deserve it. Perhaps this was my way of extending the moment... needing an extra day to collect my thoughts on the powerful sacrifice of men and women in our military.

No comments:

Post a Comment