Thursday, October 23, 2014

Every person.


I've been trying to be more intentional lately... being mindful of my choices, show appreciation to others, and allowing myself to be more present. I'm trying not to overwhelm myself with thoughts... to take a break, to let things go, to remind myself that it's okay to make mistakes. I'm trying to allow myself to embrace others, and learn from each person I encounter.

I remember when I was in my practicum (internship) for graduate school, my supervisor told me that I would experience a range of therapists... their techniques... and gradually find my own way of doing things as I interacted with clients. Truth be told, some of them did things I didn't think were right. But I learned that while some therapists gave me direction on where I wanted to be headed, some others showed me where I didn't want to go. I appreciated both.

This quote -- or thought, rather -- about falling in love with everyone we meet has some merit. Maybe not IN LOVE like we think about at first, but I would agree that there are things about people that we see and find that we love. That we appreciate. That we empathize with. That we wish we knew more about. That we try to integrate into ourselves.

Creativity.
Balance of work and family.
Ever-present smile.
Self-love.
Sense of adventure.
Desire to learn.
Dedication.
Wisdom.
Courage.
Emotional strength.
Love for others.

Everyone we come across in our lives provides a lesson. An opportunity. And it's up to us to learn from them.

No comments:

Post a Comment