Monday, October 27, 2014

Save yourself.


Every time I fly, I am reminded of the importance of saving myself.

You know that little ditty the airline hostesses say... the one where you problem tune them out. Something about buckling your seat belt and emergency exits. Embedded in that little ditty is the most important lesson of your life.

Save yourself first.

If air pressure changes in the airplane cabin, the little air bags fall from the cabin ceiling. We're instructed to place our own masks on first (even parents) before assisting other people (even little kids).

Save yourself first.

This lesson applies in an airplane, and in life. Save yourself. No one else can solve your problems for you. Sure, other people can help. But no one can do the job except for you. The biggest lesson, but the largest blessing... to know that I am in control of my life. Even when it's a challenge to put one foot in front of the other, I am the person who is in charge of moving forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment