Friday, October 10, 2014

Holding on.





If I don't do it, who will?
It's just easier if I take care of it.
But I feel miserable every day.
I can't keep doing this to myself.
I know I deserve better.

I know these thoughts.
I've had these thoughts.
I know there is a brighter side on the horizon.

Six months ago, I took the biggest risk. I quit my job... my comfortable, steady paycheck job... and stepped into the unknown. The unknown of self-employment. The unknown of needing to generate my own clients. The unknown of being unsure how reimbursement really went.

And the biggest risk has turned into the coolest adventure of my life.

Less stress.
More control.
Less drama.
More flexibility.
Less of what I don't need.
More of what I want.
Less complaining.
More smiles.
Less negativity.

Whether it's a relationship or a job or a family dispute... you know when you've had enough toxicity in your life. But sometimes we get caught up in it all and it becomes part of us. It is so important to remember that we're more than that. We're more than our stress. And what truly, we have a choice whether or not to participate in it. We have a choice to be free.

That's what happens when you stop holding on.
When you realize that the time has come to let go.
When you trust the process that life has for you.
When you're ready to feel at peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment