Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Alrightynot.


Have you ever felt this way?
Felt alrightynot?

Have you ever felt as though, really, everything is fine?
In the nothing-emergent-is-happening kind of way.
But at the same time, there's a tiny bit of awful going on inside of you too?

Sometimes I get this way when I'm on the brink of something.
The brink of a decision.
The brink of a change.
The brink of something that has the capacity to be amazing.

But fear grabs ahold... infests itself, and I find myself alrightynot.

Fear puts doubt in my mind.
Fear clouds the opportunity for growth.
Fear prevents me from seeing that the pros outweigh the cons.

When I'm feeling alrightynot, I turn to others.
I turn to my support group for... well, support.
To process my awfulness.
To remind myself of my fineness.
To dispel the myths that my alrightynot has created in my mind.

I am thankful for my support system.
I am thankful that my brain equips me with a rational side.
The rational side that allows me to pull back and look at the big picture.

The big picture that shows that I have a lot of fine... and just an ity-bitty awful.
That the awesome and amazing things about my life far outweigh the fear.

No comments:

Post a Comment