Thursday, December 11, 2014

You are one.


This image hit me hard. In a world where people are so selfish and focused inwardly, it's very hard to be a person who gives. We almost feel as though there is something wrong with us because we think about people before ourselves.

I had a therapy session the other week where my client talked about frustrations of being in college with so many people who only think about themselves. It has caused her a lot of stress not fitting in, and feeling resentful to friends who haven't reached out to her. She talked about how she tries asking people about how they are doing and offering help... but hardly sees it reciprocated back to her. My heart ached for her, identified with her, and we worked toward finding peace with herself instead of looking to others.

This image strikes me because I need to remember the importance of taking time out for myself, taking time to care for myself. Life isn't about giving until we have nothing left to give... it's about taking care of ourselves so that we CAN give of ourselves to others.


1 comment: