Monday, December 15, 2014

I appreciate you.



I remember once having a family member who would give me money if I did things for him. And one time, I worked for a man who would buy "I'm sorrys" with doughnuts or sweet treats. Perhaps it's my dominant Love Language coming out, but to this Words of Affirmation chick, no amount of money or doughnuts is better than an "I appreciate you."

I think that we as a society do a terrible job of showing appreciation to others. Long gone are thank-you notes... you know, those things we used to have to write to family members before we played with toys? People seem to have taken on an entitled mentality these days. As if things are meant to happen well for them. As if they are deserving, despite no effort.

Now, I know that I'm not perfect. I know that I forget to share appreciation to others from time to time. But I do try to remember to give thanks. To let people know that I care about them and our relationship.

Just in case you're needing a reminder to show a little love today, I appreciate you. I appreciate you reading my little blog. A mixture of therapy thoughts, and my own therapist via keyboard. :)

I'm off to write a note.
With a real stamp.

Won't you join me?

No comments:

Post a Comment