Monday, July 21, 2014

Too short.


I laughed a little too loudly when I read this.
And while somewhat tongue-and-cheek, it's certainly true.
I do not like fake butter.
Or fake cheese (did you know they put sawdust in shredded cheese?!)
And I certainly do not like fake people.

Life needs to be real. To be lived with sincerity. To be lived with, and for, people who will be cherished and who will cherish me. I don't have time for faking. I want real friendships. I want to be loved by the people I surround myself with. And I want to return that love. I want to nurture those people with whom I spend my time.
If you aren't willing to put forth the time and effort I need, I understand... but in doing so, you're choosing not to enter a relationship with me. I'd rather have a handful of AMAZING friends, than a gaggle of acquaintances who I can't rely on in times of need. That's important to me because I want to be able to return the favor if you are in need of me too.

No comments:

Post a Comment