Thursday, July 10, 2014

Who you are.



When someone asks you about yourself, what are you most inclined to tell them? Admittedly, I go right for the occupation, and inevitably find myself stuck in a conversation about being a therapist. Which I do love discussing. But sometimes... sometimes, I want to talk about my loves. Of craftiness, of cupcakes, of surprises, of staying up way too late to finish my most recent favorite novel.

I wish that people could see what other people see in them.
I wish that we could create a magic mirror that could show all of the awesomeness that we have for real, all of the zany and funky things that make us laugh and be lovable to the people that love us. To the people who find us special. To the people who take time from their day to think about us.

When we are struggling, we get so caught up in who we think we are (or rather, who we think we aren't). We are worthless. We aren't good enough. We will never get anywhere. We pay attention to the negatives. We completely ignore any semblance of positives... any accomplishments that we've made before in our lives, to remind us that if we have done it before than we are capable, perhaps, of a comeback.

I can see it in you.
You are capable.
I know it.
Because you are where you are going... 

No comments:

Post a Comment