Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Running on empty.


Do you ever feel like you are running on empty... that you have nothing more to give, either physically, mentally, or emotionally? That if one other person asks you to listen to their problems, that you are going to plug your ears and sing "la-la-la-la" really loud. That if a child or spouse complains about something, that you are going to start spouting all of the things that you have to complain about.

Sometimes, I get overwhelmed. And feel exhausted at the thought of giving any more of myself. (Which never really happens because I always find away to squeeze blood out of a turnip when it comes to the need of others.) On those occasions, I know that it's important to check myself and consider ways in which I need to re-charge.

To Write Love On Her Arms is a wonderful organization that promotes education on suicide prevention. They recently wrote a blog on self-care and its importance in our lives. It's an amazing read that I invite you to look at HERE. My favorite line is this: "Every now and then, let’s trade practicality for play and work for balance."

No comments:

Post a Comment