Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Small things.


I know that I will never create world peace or find a cure for cancer.

But.

I can smile to people I pass by in the halls of my office building.
I can hold the elevator for someone coming up the walk.
I can send a text message or e-mail to a friend I have been thinking about.
I can say take the grocery cart of someone walking it back to the store if I'm on my way in.
I can offer to pay for the coffee for the person behind me in line at Starbucks (if I actually drank coffee, that is).
I can send a handwritten letter of thanks when someone helps make my life easier.

I may not be able to do great things, but I can (along with all of you) do small things with great love.

1 comment:

  1. Catching up reading a month's worth of your blog, I had to stop and comment to this post. My husband & I just got back from a 3 week mission trip in Brazil. Each week served a different area (medical to Indigenous tribes, evangelize in city of a million people, build a church in a rural area). I'm not a nurse or doctor; preacher or brick layer. But I was with those that were. I was the behind the scenes gal who handed out water, ensured sunscreen was applied, took photos with other people's cameras (who WERE doing the "big stuff"), and resupplied bricks to those who labored. At first I thought I was in the way of the important people. But then my mind cleared, and like your post -- I did small things with great love. (I Corinthians 13:13)

    Thanks for sharing your thoughts on your blog. Always providing something to think about - sometimes a post hits me right between the eyes. This time it didn't hurt :-)

    ReplyDelete