Thursday, August 14, 2014

The strength of anchors.


If life challenges show my strength, I sometimes I feel like I have the strongest anchor ever. :) This week has been a doozy, nothing short of stressful, and yet despite events that have presented themselves to me, I'm dealing with them better than I expected. Which either means that I'm delirious, or I am showing strength.

I hope and pray for strength.

The challenging times in our lives have a tendency to throw us off course. To test patience. To have us consider giving up. To tempt us into going in a different direction than our goals. Because facing issues is difficult and running away is easy, we often have to fight off these temptations. Burying my head in the sand, plugging my ears, and pretending everything is fine is not a solution, but an extension of the problem. 

Challenges remind me that I'm not in control. When I most want everything to go well, when I most need everything to go well, a loop is thrown and I am face-to-face with acknowledging how little control  I actually have over things in my life. In those moments I need to remember the importance of slowing down, taking a deep breath, and trying again. I need to remember to accept things, and focus on my attitude and response to stress. 

I need to remind myself that I am strong.
That I can persevere.
That I can survive this storm.

No comments:

Post a Comment