Monday, August 25, 2014

The waiting game.


How long have you waited for something? For something that you've really wanted.

Days?
Months?
Years?

There are times when my mind and my heart are in huge conflict with themselves, and I feel like my body is just along for the ride. The ride of a rollercoaster than offers twists, turns, and a bunch of upside downs. At times, I believe that the waiting is worth it, and I spend a lot of time working on developing patience. If I'm honest, though, I'll admit that it can be stressful and overwhelming. Other times, I believe that letting go is best because letting go means that I'm no longer plagued with heartache or mind fuzz.

The worst part of all is when I'm stuck and I don't know which decision is best. That's when it's most painful.

One of the things I like to do when faced with a challenge is to pull out a piece of paper and to consider the pros and cons of the situation. To me, as a visual person, it's not enough to think about options in my mind. (I think that's where I get so overwhelmed.) It's helpful for me to see things on paper, concrete and evident. Have more pros than cons doesn't mean that I stick with the waiting game, because I need to consider the quality of my list and the weight that each item plays into the situation. Most of the time, being able to see my options on paper helps me to make better decisions. Even difficult ones.

I just need to remember that even if my heart might get hurt in the short-term, waiting or letting go is worth it in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment