Monday, June 9, 2014

Win or learn.


You've heard the phrase... win or lose. As I grow through life -- yep, you read correctly, GROW through life -- I've come to realize that it's not about winning or losing. It's not about being right or wrong. It's about learning.

I'm not always going to win. I'm not always going to come out on top. I'm not always going to have all of the answers or get things right the first time.

And that's okay.

Because hopefully.
Hopefully.

Hopefully, I'm going to learn.


During my times of learning, I hope that I will capture small nuggets of information that I will be able to carry with me on my journey and apply during occasions where I am faced with similar challenges and struggles. I hope that there will be opportunities for growth. And that I will learn lessons so that I will make better decisions.

During my times of winning, I hope that I will have a sense of humility to be happy for myself but not proud. And to not forget that although I may be winning this time, that just around the corner is an opportunity begging for a chance to allow me to learn. Or that I was milliseconds away from learning instead of winning.

Win or learn. But never lose.

No comments:

Post a Comment